13 year old boy:
- English ~ Shurley English, Literature will be at our homeschool Monday class.
- Math ~ Teaching Textbooks
- Science ~ Earth Science, Monday Class
- History ~ Story of the World book 3, Usborne Internet Linked History Encylopedia and Kingfisher Encyclopedia of the World (we do this as a family with my 6 & 10 year olds).
- Rosetta Stone Spanish (we do this as a family, also)
10 year old boy:
- English ~ Shurley English Level 3, Explode The Code 7, Cursive Handwriting Without Tears, Writing With Ease 3 (Susan Wise Bauer), Evan-Moor spelling, and Wordly Wise
- Here are the sentences for Level 3 through chapter 10
- Math ~ Times Tales. KK is having a hard time memorizing his mathe facts. I’ve found that Times Tales helps tremendously. This program uses little stories to help the kids remember the facts. Each number is given a character, 7 is Mrs. Weeks, 6 is the first grade class, 8 the snowman etc. Very cute and easy to remember. Last year we were doing Aleks math, which we liked, but since we are not longer using a virtual academy, we don’t want to pay for Aleks. We are switching to Teaching Textbooks. Ky is doing great with it. I love that each problem is explained, so there is lots of repetition if needed.
- Science ~ Real Science for Kids, Physics
- History ~ Story of the World as a family
- Rosetta Stone Spanish as a family